Aug 27, 2007

Garden Veggie Salad to Die For

Not that I would ever get tired of a nice green garden salad with cucumbers and tomatoes straight from the back garden...but ...I got tired of green salad etc., etc.
So after perusing the garden and finding a couple of zucchini and some nice ripe plum tomatoes, I decided that my two small eggplants that I had been watching had to be harvested for the sake of a new dinner treat.

Let me tell you, it was worth the harvest. This was more a side dish than a salad.I added Farfale(bow tie pasta) along with the vegetables from the garden, cut up and roasted with some beautiful Extra virgin Olive Oil about a half dozen whole cloves of garlic, and a sprinkling of sea salt , and dressing that I made from a scoop of Mayo and a drizzle of Rice Wine Vinegar and a handful of grated Parmesan . The end result was an extremely rich and satisfying dish that made good use of those prized veggies from my garden that I am running out of things to do with.


I wish I had taken a picture of it.....

No comments: