Sep 18, 2007

Another Thing to Do With Your Fresh Tomatoes

Now that the days are getting markedly shorter, and the nights much cooler, my tomatoes have gotten slower to ripen. I am not complaining at all. I know that these are the last tomatoes I will get to enjoy until next July rolls around, so I am worshipping every last one of them. Unfortunately though, the hybrids are not all that pretty this time of the season. They are almost done , and the fruits that are still ripening just don't look as tempting as the ones from the weeks ago. So what to do with fresh tomatoes that really need some help ........ Aha !!


So I promised myself that I wouldn't post pictures of my pizzas on this blog, and now I am breaking my promise. I cant help it. This pizza deserves its moment in the spotlight!!

And here is what it looked like in the process of becoming that gorgeous pizza you see above^

^Here it is with just the basic crust with peeled and seeded fresh tomatoes just gently torn and scattered about along with a drizzle of Olive Oil.

^Now here it is with some freshly shredded Pecorino Romano Cheese.

^And finally all Mozzarella-ed up and ready for the oven.

Boy that was a good pizza. Usually I use a pre-made sauce and make a very thin crust then cook it on the pizza bricks that my Father left me, but I think that this is really my favorite way to have pizza. Just fresh and simple.There is something about the tomatoes in little hunks like this, you get some mouth fulls that are mostly cheesy, and some that just burst with fresh summery tomato goodness, now how can you beat that ! I wish there were some left overs...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Great minds think alike-that's how I like my pizza too,and recently did a blog post!