Sep 30, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

Bloomfest 2007 is finally here!! The Brugmansia decided that Thursday night was the ideal time to make a grand entrance into the world....lucky for me my husband was out in the yard and smelled the intoxicating aroma. He came in to ask me what might be blooming that would smell so wonderful, and I immediately sprang to my feet....knowing that it was Brug time!! Boy are they beautiful, really worth the wait.

Up close Thursday night!! Glad my neighbors didn't freak out with me lurking in the yard in my pajamas with my camera and all !!

Then on Friday morning after some light rain, more skirted in appearance and definitely fully colored and a much deeper shade of pink...and I think I was still in my pj's.

So now its time for me to figure out what my next Green Thumb Sunday Subject will be. I believe it will probably bounce back and forth between a few different things for the next month or two....... see you next week for the next Green Thumb Sunday saga !!

6 comments:

Jean said...

Beautiful pictures! I love the pink color. Thanks for lurking in the dark for GTS!

nikkipolani said...

Very nice shots of your brugs - nevermind what you wore while taking the photo!

verobirdie said...

I can imagine your excitement! I would have come in my pj's too to discover this beauty :-)

farmingfriends said...

I love the pink brugmansia. What a lovely set of photographs of this beautiful bloom. Sara from farmingfriends

chigiy at Gardeners Anonymous said...

Brugmansia is one of my favorite all time flowers.
Yours are lovely.
Enjoy.

Donna said...

Thanks Guys!! I am so thrilled that I actually kept this guy alive...now here's to hoping that I can figure out a way to overwinter it. If I do, next seasons Green Thumb Sunday Brug-Fest should be even better!!