Sep 28, 2007

Not Ready to Give Up Yet

Somewhere in my head , I got the idea that Summer was over. I don't know , maybe it was the calendar telling me that it was Fall, or maybe it was the bunches of colorful Autumn leaves I have been spying left and right. I am still not sure, but it appears that I am wrong. I went out back this morning bemoaning that fact that I no longer will have as many exciting vegetable filled pictures to post here . I love coming here to share the beauty of a good veggie garden harvest, and even though I also love the changing of the seasons, I also look forward to the crisp apple days ahead.So with a heavy sigh I grabbed my camera this morning and began trudging into the back yard to see if the Native Asters were looking festive enough to be posted here , or if the shambles of my vegetable patch in deconstruction mode were going to have to suffice.





Lo and Behold ,it seems as if my patch of dirt doesn't want to believe the calendar!! It is still gloriously Summer in the back 40....

I cant imagine this kind of harvest will go on for much longer, but it sure was a nice surprise to end up with a bowlful of Summery goodness when I was actually going out to plan what got ripped out of the ground first.

Next week you get to see the pretty festive looking Aster picture I took on my way to the back yard....

1 comment:

Acey said...

this post really struck a chord with me. And my garden, too, of course :)