Oct 14, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

It is a little early, but my Christmas Cacti are starting to do their thing. They are doing it by leaps and bounds it seems, so much so that I am thinking these may be Thanksgiving Cacti this year( I do amuse me )So I guess for the next few weeks its going to be a Zygocactus-fest around here!!



The guy up above is the one I have had the longest. I bought it about 5-6 years ago at a garden Center that no longer exists. This big beauty was a scrawny mess tucked away in the discount area....my luck, it not only flourished , but the following season a variegated Spider Plant popped up in the pot along with it!! This one is just starting to set some nice buds.



This beauty I have had for a few years. It is catching up in size to my big older buddy, and it has set the ,most buds the quickest this season. I dont think this one is even going to wait for thanksgiving to bloom!!

This is my new little guy. I found a leaf sitting on the plant table at a department store last winter, so I rescued it and hoped for the best with rooting. Well I am so pleased that he is doing so well in his tiny 4 inch home. I cannot wait to see if he will bloom this year, and if it does, what color it will be.

So keep checking back for updates on their progress!! :)

5 comments:

gwapasila said...

i have one like this plant...and their a nice one to have.Mine is up at My Two Cents Worth hope you can visit me too.

Dianne said...

Geez Donna, those are amazing....maybe you can make me some cuttings? I'd looooove to have a Thanksgiving cactus...

Curtis said...

Those are healthy plants. And big.

verobirdie said...

Xmas cacti are so easy going. The only problem may be that they grow a lot. Not always easy to find a place for them. Wonder what color will be the youngest one.

farmingfriends said...

I love Christmas cacti they have been growing in my house since I was born, so a long time!
Sara from farmingfriends