Oct 28, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

The Christmas Cacti are really coming along. I know that at least one of them is going to bloom for Thanksgiving, and the baby of the bunch may not even bloom this season, though I am crossing my fingers that the last few cool nights may have set some buds on that little guy.There is still hope for one to bloom around the yuletide , so I haven't given up hope yet.Then again, if none of them behave it always opens me up to acquiring a new color for what is becoming my collection.



I spent the afternoon, with the help of my two fabulous kids, bringing the whole gaggle of houseplants back in for the Winter as I have heard whisperings that there may be some scattered frost. So if the pictures of my plants are less than stellar the fact that they are no longer being photographed under the canopy of the big blue sky will explain it all. I am sure the shots will improve as the Winter progresses so have no fear!! ;)



Thanks for stopping by and, check back often for updates on the Christmas Cactus Bloomathon !!

7 comments:

gardenmomma (Chris) said...

Hi there,
My friend introduced me to Christmas Cacti last year when she told me how much she loved them. I have learned since that there are also Easter and Thanksgiving ones. She no longer has one, so I hope to get one for her for Christmas this year!

chigiy at Gardeners Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the cactus in full bloom.
Beautiful.

Joyismygoal said...

AAWWW my MIL always had a Christmas Cactus and it ALWAYS bloomed on Christmas but she has been gone for 9 years now i miss both of them

Donna said...

joyismygoal- I am so sorry about your MIL.

chigiy-I can't wait either...every year I forget which colors each plant is, plus this season I have that new little guy and I can't wait to find out what color it is!!

Chris- I am pretty sure that what I have are probably technically Thanksgiving Cacti, but for sake of my sanity I am going to call them Christmas CactiI can never tell those apart LOL...I also have an Easter Cactus that I took as a cutting from a plant my sister had for years. I may feature that come Easter time

CG said...

Good luck with the cacti! I fear mine is going to bloom any day now!

farmingfriends said...

I love the Christmas cactus. My mum has had hers since I was born and I am now in my thirties!!!
Sara from farmingfriends

Donna said...

CG- Has your Cactus bloomed yet??

farmingfriends- I so hope that I have my Christams cacti that long. I love them even though they are not the most exotic plants around. For me they will always be a symbol of happyness.