Dec 16, 2007

Green Thumb Sunday

I know how lax I have been on this Blog lately. Truthfully though, there just isn't a whole lot to write about veggie gardening come December. I know that soon enough it will be time for seeds to be sown and a hint of green will lift me to tomato-y raptures. For right now....I am in a state of veggie suspended animation. I just cannot get excited about Grocery store produce,it just doesn't appeal. If you have ever bitten into a warmly juicy, luscious , fragrant and sun ripened tomato right off the vine, then you understand my dilemma when it comes to those lovely enough looking , yet tasteless and mealy store tomatoes that you might fond yourself paying an arm and a leg for. I just say NO.

So for now my gentle readers, my posting will be sporadic as I try to find excitement in my meager array of houseplants.Don't get me wrong, I adore my houseplants.....but.....there is something about a veggie garden that gets me going, and my garden is sound asleep til May. I will try to shake off my drowsy Wintry stupor as plants in my house catch eye, but posting will resume vigor come the February seed-o-rama.

For now here is a picture of the last of the Rio Grande paste tomatoes that I picked green at the end of October, and have been ripening slowly in a bag since....

And now this is what it looks like outside my door, a world away from the warm vegetable garden.
We are having a round of sleet and freezing rain today....oh joy.....

2 comments:

No Rain said...

It does look cold there! Did you can any of your summer produce? Happy GTS,
Aiyana

Donna said...

I did can up some stuff. Mostly pickles, but a few jars of tomatoes and some eggplant as well. I really wanted to jar up many more tomatoes, but they were so good we stuffed ourselves on them before they could be canned ....and boy did we enjoy it!! :D