May 29, 2009

Green Thumb Sunday

I absolutely adore this Iris.

I haven't the foggiest notion what the variety is, and every year all but one stem faces my neighbors driveway....but I do love her delicate pink and luscious peach petals. What a show-off!












*I can't find the cord to charge my camera , so pictures for the time being will be a bit grainy as I am taking them with my phone...Thanks for understanding my scatter-brained-ness.

**I posted this a day early so I wouldn't forget about posting. I am worrying myself to death over a Jury Duty date on Monday and figured my aforementioned scatter-brained-ness might again rear it's ugly head...Thank you again for understanding

2 comments:

Aiyana said...

It's an interesting iris.
Aiyana

Martha said...

She looks like a southern belle wearing a cotillion gown.

Iris is one of my favorite flowers and we have hundreds of them. Some prettier than others.

Yours is a beauty.