Jul 23, 2009

The Great Taro Experiment

Well....It has been months since I last posted about my sickly Taro. And I guess I should apologise. I am sorry, I left you guys out of the Taro loop. I really didn't think the plant would last beyond being put out into my less than tropical New England yard. Of course the year I play with tropical goodies beyond my durable citrus, it decides to be the dampest coolest Season opener in a dogs age.


So for all of you who are still curious as to whether Taro can grow in New England. And those of you who want to try their hand at fresh Taro Chip.....gahhhh...Taro Chips ....(picture Homer Simpson)....I believe that yes...yes you can grow Taro in New England....and yes even when New England is cool and overcast and damp, you can have Taro chips! Well you can have these things providing that the sun eventually does come out and warms the world a bit.




Here is my proof.....


I took this shot on Sunday...and as of today there is another humongoid leave standing proudly in the middle of the plant. I am thinking I should have put something in the picture for size reference....oh well....next time :)




....Mmmmmm Taro Chips...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Excuse me for invasion in your blog... :-) I don't find your e-mail address.
I have a question about Tomato Zogola and I don't know anyone that grow this tomato... and I don't speak (and don't untestand...) a good english.
I bought seeds of Zogola from a on-line shop. This tomato is generally called "indeterminate", but my plants seems determinate. My plants are cm. 40-50 tall. Fruis are roud, not much big, always with a little tip (or point... I don't know the right word...) at the end. What's your think about? It's a Zogola Tomato? Perhaps did I mistake some thing...?
My email is: NOSPAMMgpap@freemail.it (delete NOSPAMM).
Thakk you and good gardening :-)