Sep 14, 2010

Still Growing....

This has been a strange Summer in my garden. Everything grew soooo slowly. I thought it would be the exact opposite due to our warmer than usual July. But no. So posting here and trying to be enthusiastic was more than I could do. I only got a handful of cucumbers before the plants withered and plopped....my tomatoes came in sporadically and never really got going . I guess that is because of the combination of our Holy high humidity in July and August, and this being a brand new veggie bed. So even tho I had a few of each variety(except for Purple Calabash, none yet), I never had enough. You know....enough to feel like Tomato Summer was in full swing. There are still a few green ones out there and I am hopeful for their ripening before frost....so not a tomato loss by any stretch of the imagination.The Pole Beans however went nuts.Even after I thought the vines were dead and gone I got beans....and now they are putting on new leaves and blossoms. I guess when Mother Nature whithers one vine she flourishes another. I am still a happy camper...I ate fresh ripe tomatoes, not as many as usual for this time of year, but heck one ripe garden tomato is better than any amount of Grocery store dreck. So while I have been MIA from this place...I am here in spirit.


I will be back soon to let you all know how the tomatoes did individually and how they tasted...one hint, they all tasted fabulous this season....of course some more than others.


Check Back Soon, and Thanks for being patient with me during this strange season.

No comments: