Apr 10, 2012

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, Tomatoes...and a few Peppers too.

Yahooo it's Tomato time again!!! Not only did all varieties of my tomatoes sprout....but 90% of them have gone thru their first pot up. Okay, I know that this is a less than amazing proclamation, but I have been less than enthusiastic about my seedlings this season. A combination of the weird Non-Winter...and my youngest child turning 18 have gotten me in a twist. But my seeds have changed all of that for me....now I am jumping for joy. Okay...not literally jumping, as I  my fat ass has seen better days....but you get my meaning.

I have some special tomato varieties that are doing well, and I am proud to have one or two rare varieties as well. As for the Peppers, I only sowed 5 varieties. And out of those 5 only 1 was slightly exotic, and that one never sprouted. I am not giving up on it yet as it has only been a month, and maybe, just maybe it will spring to life some day soon and surprise me. I really want this variety to sprout.It is the Naga Jolokia....and I have people already lined up to try them (and for me to laugh at while they are gasping for air and screaming for water).

I know I have promised before to get my list up soon....and I swear I will. SOON!!


Ahhh...Spring really has Sprung, hasn't it?!?

5 comments:

yacht supply croatia said...

tomato rocks :)) my fav vegetable :)
oh.. btw.. did u know that tomato helps in cancer prevention?

http://yachtprovisioningcroatia.blogspot.com/

Beth Behr said...

Great blog and pictures! Those tomatoes look delicious! They look huge as well. How did the rest of your crops turn out this summer now that winter is almost upon us? (sad face)

Want a unique and personalized flower delivery service? Then you need flower delivery service Erie PA!

F. M. Nazmul Hasan said...

Your websites is beautiful. I like it.
All In One BD

Duct Cleaning said...

Hi it’s me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this site is really pleasant and the users are actually sharing pleasant thoughts.

- Furnace Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning

Harini Babu said...

tomato is one of my favorite...it is very interesting blog i like this very much
Metal Planters